Have you even seen the commercials on TV, such as Coor’s beer commercials, which reel you in with the footage of cold, clear and clean Rocky Mountain spring water cascading down over rocks and falls in a pristine setting? Never mind the beer it supposedly ends up as; I want to drink that water!
Unfortunately that’s not the same stuff that emerges from our taps. The fact of the matter is that many municipalities tend to over condition our water. There is of course good reason for it. We need to remove pollutants such as pesticides (herbicides, insecticides, defoliants, and bromide), lead, pharmaceuticals, as well as countless types of bacteria, solvents, and who knows what else it gathers on its way to us. But what are we treating it with to kill and/or neutralize all of this bad stuff? We hit it with chlorine and Sodium Hypochlorite to control microbes, and then add disinfectants such as bleach, calcium hypochlorite and chlorophenol. I’m pretty sure we have not evolved to ingest these products and it seems to me we are trading off short term illnesses for long term effects.
The good news is that awareness is improving as to what we put inside of us. As we learn more, we develop products to counter the problems we face. Simply put, that’s why we live longer now.
Having quality water treatment products in our homes is just one example of how we take matters into our own hands. Reverse Osmosis, for example is an amazing process in itself. Imagine a product capable of removing or drastically reducing Cyanide, Iron, Selenium, Arsenic, Barium, Sulfate, Nitrite, Mercury, Lead, Cadmium, Sodium, Chlorine, Magnesium, Zinc and Phosphate without adding a single chemical! You guessed it…the “RO” process accomplishes this. Feel free to scroll down to our September 25, 2013 blog titled “What is Reverse Osmosis?”, where we break down the functions a bit further.
Until next time, be safe and make healthy choices!